Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Inveter Design 12v to400v 800w

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa_gordy

Hi
this below image attached is my circuit For inverting 12v to 400v low frequency iron transformer .
my citcuit worked and converting 12 volt car battry to 420v but low amper in side 400v and mosfets Do not Heat without heatsink .
my Goal is at least 2Amp at 400v (800w ) Please guide me to COMPLETE this Circuit !;)

If you want 2A continuously is your transformer rated for 800W RMS continuous? If less than this the core will probably saturate and you won't be able to draw as much current as you want. Is the core material suitable for 200Hz operation at that power level?

Your circuit is missing grounds for the sources of the Mosfets.

Why?

yes ! Mr audioguru
I forgetting Add grounds for Mosfet in my Drawing but circuit is includeing
the grounds .
I do not KNOW my Transformer power Rating . Im find this Transformer
in around Timeworn tools market .
I CHANGE the PRIMARY wires and add center tape and increase the wire gauge
Picture of that Transformer is Below.
I "m connect 8uf (660v ac voltage ) to Voltage Doubler ac 220v mains (below image attached)
and discharge sound louder 40uf chraged Capacitor at inverteing 12v to 400v circuit ?
why? sinwave wave AC mains & inverter square wave?
I can Measure square wave with Voltmeter is ture?
sorry My English Language is not good.

Last edited:
Your voltmeter is probably designed to measure a 50Hz sinewave, not a 200Hz squarewave.

If you are trying to get 800W out of that converter switching at 200 Hz, that transformer will need to be huge, massive and heavy.

It so happens I designed a 12V - 300V converter (600W) for a portable missile launcher. We used FETs switching at 40 kHz. NOTE: if you are trying to get 800W off a 12V source, the peak currents through the FETs will be about 80A or more. The FET you show will not handle anywhere near that. We had to use 3 FETs in parallel on each side. Efficiency will be poor, given the high promary side currents (85% would be excellent) so your converter will have about 150W of internal dissipation. I suspect you have not thought this through very completely.

Last edited:
Why Do not mosfet heating (PRIMARY Transformer Resistence = 0.3 ohm)(12/0.3=40 AMPER ! ). Driver of Mosfets is Ture ? Amplifier of signal is impotant or no important . I Makeing newTansformer ( PRIMARY wires = 1.5mm) What is out put Current at 12v of 4047 IC ? replacing of Mosfet with BJT or IGBT IS HELPING?

Output: 400V 2A 800W
Input (if no heat loss):12V 66A 800W.

The IRFP250 MOSFET 200V 30A .085 ohm or 0.075 ohm

Power loss in MOSFET is I*I*R= 66*66*0.085=?? watts
Power loss in primary of transformer is 66*66*0.3 ohm=??watts

If the primary is really 0.3 ohms and you add the MOSFET resistance of .085 then we have 0.385 ohms.
I=V/R Well the maximum current is 40A. All the power will go into heat and none will make it out of the supply.

Your primary resistance needs to be under 0.03 ohms just to get power out.
All this above is at 100% duty cycle and no loss. At 75% duty cycle and 90% efficiency you are looking at 100 amps peak.

The primary needs to have resistance so that at 100A there will be 0.5V or less loss in the resistance.
The MOSFETs need to handle 100A and have 0.2V loss at 100A.

I did not take time to look at the numbers but this is a good start.

What are the dimensions (approximately) of your transformer? I think if you could easily carry it home from the market it's too small :).

Hmmm, as we suspected. Sorry, Mostafa_gordy. No way is that tranny going to give you 800W :(

I already answered the first same question on the other website two minutes ago.
Please stop duplicating your threads.

A switched mode power supply operates at a high frequency. But you do not have a high frequency circuit and you do not have a high frequency transformer.

Magnet speaker

hi, Sorry to many question, I am a beginner
how mechanism of CD4001 & LM385 in the below Attached Image .
what Output of pin 10 & 11 CD4001 is? squarewave (Rectangular)
Replace material of Iron & Ferrit for Transformer core ? Magnet speaker is able?

Mostafa,
You seem to have a problem with the English language.
You found the inverter project here: **broken link removed**

The instructions say it has a square-wave output at 60Hz. It uses a huge re-wound microwave oven transformer. Its maximum output power is 500W.

Mostafa,
You seem to have a problem with the English language.
You found the inverter project here: **broken link removed**

The instructions say it has a square-wave output at 60Hz. It uses a huge re-wound microwave oven transformer. Its maximum output power is 500W.
Tanks for you audioguru
( problem with the English):confused:

Last edited:
meh, a 3 kilogram transformer can handle the power

-provided you pack the core 75% full of copper, which isn't easy unless you've done it a few times already.
(4) 14 awg wires for the primary
1 20 awg wire for the secondary.
you'll have about 10 watts lost in both the primary and secondary.

if you live in 230vac 50 hz area, a microwave oven transformer with the stock primary will handle the power, you would probably have enough room to use 12 awg wire for the 12 volt side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back