Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimattar

hi all
i have a proeblem
how to calculate the power factor please tell me the whole procedure and how to read motor ratings written on the motor
please help

A basic electronics text is where I would begin - available at your school or local library. Googling on 'power factor calculation' might also produce results however I would be cautious unless you first verify the credentials of the author(s). Almost anyone can author a paper or article but people can and do make mistakes. They may also think they understand something when in fact they misunderstand terribly.

You simply use pythagaros since the current in the circuit will lag or lead the current through the resistive element. Most loads are inductive so the current lags IR by a certain angle a capacitor is introduced into the circuit to cancel out IXL and therefore reduce the AC current.

It's the cosine of the phase difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back