Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power converter AC -> DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxglobal

Hey guys, i want to make up a power converter from AC -> DC.

I want to use this on a go kart, is there any way to use a second coil generator, the same as the ignition coil but in a different location to set up a generator/charger?.

The 2nd coil would be separate from the ignition and it would not take any power from the spark. I know some mechanical energy will be lost since the motor will be slowed a little. However i will be using a smaller coil than the spark to help the problem.

The motor coil for the spark gets about 500V at Ac, i would want to convert that into 12V DC to power the karts lighting, and to charge the batteries during the day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I see this done on small engines all the time. They have a charging coil as well as a spark coil. The Charging coil can be purchased thru your local small engine shop. Just make sure you get the larger Amp coil. They usually make a 3 amp and an 18 amp. You also need to purchase a voltage regulator that goes to that coil.

Attachments

• gx360_es_wiring.gif
    gx360_es_wiring.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 769
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back