Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power control

Status
Not open for further replies.

netbug

Hi all,

I am starting a new project to control 220 V loads. The power circuit will have a MOC 341 and a TRIAC. I also want to control this circuit using the USB port of my PC. How can I do this ? Can I add a S/P converter, to read bits directly or do I need to add something else to do this ?

Can I control this circuit using BlueTooth and maybe a PIC microcontroller?

Any ideas, links or comments are appreciated.

Best regards,

Pedro Cardoso

I designed this awhile ago when I was bored, please note this is not a complete circuit I haven't tested it and you'll need a usb DAC on your usb port to provide the control voltage, you'll also need to experiment with the componant values in this circuit, please also not that 0VDC and 0VAC are not the same connection.

Attachments

• voltage controlled dimmer.png
    voltage controlled dimmer.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,622
Hi Hero999,
How work about this capacitor (the value is 1nF)? thanks.

I designed this awhile ago when I was bored, please note this is not a complete circuit I haven't tested it and you'll need a usb DAC on your usb port to provide the control voltage, you'll also need to experiment with the componant values in this circuit, please also not that 0VDC and 0VAC are not the same connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back