Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I want to know the power consumption of the appliances; both the appliances work at the 220V mains.
Both the appliances excite at 50mA input current. I want to know how much power each of them consume. The latter is an electronic gadget that has zener diode to drop down to 10V .

Here's the diagram:
power-jpg.43351

Since both of them work at 220V main i feel its 50mA * 220 V > Thats what goin to be read in Domestic Energy Meter at every Home. Am i right? If wrong Give me a Justification...

Attachments

• Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 238
Electric light bulb = 220 X 50ma Transformer (gadget) line side same as bulb, secondary side = 10 X 50ma Hope this helps Jim

No, dont add the secondary current, I was saying thats how the secondary circuit will draw current. See example below:

100V primary for a 100VA transformer will draw 1.0 amp on the line side.... BUT,,, when I am deciding how much a 10V secondary can provide me it would be: 100/10 or 10 amps. The higher voltage the less on the primary. For your project your drawing 100ma dont add the secondary. Jim

Doubt ~ A transformer changes voltages. i.e 220V to 10V maybe its not a transformer, I dont know what you have there. works the same tho.

No, dont add the secondary current, I was saying thats how the secondary circuit will draw current. See example below:

100V primary for a 100VA transformer will draw 1.0 amp on the line side.... BUT,,, when I am deciding how much a 10V secondary can provide me it would be: 100/10 or 10 amps. The higher voltage the less on the primary. For your project your drawing 100ma dont add the secondary. Jim

I'm actually confused with power consumption in Primary and Secondary... So i request you give me the answer for the example discretely?
( Like Electric Bulb : Primary> **** Secondary : *****
Gadget : Primary > **** Secondary : *****)

Why it is so; How the energy meter shows only to 10V DC. Where does 220V AC go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back