Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power consumption of led power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillypig

hi all
i have purchased 2 of these from ebay **broken link removed**
small and simple its for my outdoor light.
i have replaced the bulb with a 12 volt led module
but i want to know what the power consumption is of this module & 230v
cheers all

marko

Do you have a way of measuring current drawn from the 240V line? Clamp-on Ammeter? Digital Multimeter with AC Amps scale?

If the unit is loaded on the output side at 50W, and it were 90% (highly) efficient, the input power would be 50W/0.9 = ~56W, so the current would be ~ 56/220 = 0.26A. I'm guessing your load is much less than 50W.
What is the wattage of the lamp(s) you are using?

Last edited:
sorry don't have a meter here
my load is only 20 watts at 12 volts so i'm just hopeing my power consumption is less then a power saving light bulb of 25 watts
but as the light bulb is 25watt at 230v and the led supply is 20 watts at 12v

The electronic transformer has a 12VAC output. Does your LED module operate from AC or does it need DC?

At 20W output, the electronic transformer should draw ~ (20/220)/0.9 = 100mA plus a bit more for the 0.98 power factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back