Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power board for Vizio Blu ray player

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjomaniac

I'm diagnosing a power surge damaged blu ray player power board and need to find where I can buy a mosfet smk0460? I think it is the problem. I can't spend $10 on this it just ain't worth it but if I can get this for a couple bucks I'll try it. I will put a pic of the board too and if anyone has any ideas on what might be the problem, let me know. I checked the fuse, several capacitors and diodes and all were good.

Banjomaniac

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    839.5 KB · Views: 178
Honestly, I'd check your MOVs first. They're connected directly across the input, so I expect they may have failed in the power surge.

Worth testing them anyway.

Matt

Well, I need advice on testing those MOV'S. I tried my diode mode and resistance and get nothing on any of them so I desoldered one lead and still nothing? How do you test them? Also, I'm just getting back into this stuff and I see 4 of them marked CY.

Banjomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back