Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power amplifier project

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeye

:confused:

hello.. i need help about amplifier especially the project featured in ESP. the Project 117. this project is provided as information only. my question's are what are the suggested working voltage for the electrolytic and ceramic capacitors in the schematic diagram. and the suggested value for the diodes. thats all.

thanks

Attachments

• p117-f1.gif
    p117-f1.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 2,534

hello.. i need help about amplifier especially the project featured in ESP. the Project 117. this project is provided as information only. my question's are what are the suggested working voltage for the electrolytic and ceramic capacitors in the schematic diagram. and the suggested value for the diodes. thats all.

If you're so inexperienced that you can't instantly tell what voltages the capacitors need to be, you shouldn't be thinking of attemping such a pointless 'project'. It was never intended as a serious project, just as a bit of fun at people always asking for larger amplifiers.

If you want a big amp, then buy one, there are many excellent amplifiers about at a fraction of the cost of the parts for that one.

If you're so inexperienced that you can't instantly tell what voltages the capacitors need to be, you shouldn't be thinking of attemping such a pointless 'project'. It was never intended as a serious project, just as a bit of fun at people always asking for larger amplifiers.

If you want a big amp, then buy one, there are many excellent amplifiers about at a fraction of the cost of the parts for that one.

buying is for the lazy one...

at that point you're partially correct, but redeye is only trying to get some info
about that circuit, and we should not discourage him, or maybe even you do not know what are the suggested working voltage and values of components in the schematic diagram.

thanks

maybe you can use 1N4148 for the diode, for the ceramic you can use 500wv volt, for the filter capacitor it depends on the power supply voltage. if you use 130volts then you can use a working voltage of 160volts or higher.

you can modify that circuit by ommiting the 135volts supply and ommit the two diodes.

that project is an experimental. you should know how to set the bias voltage of transistors. especially the dc offset and current.

maybe you can use 1N4148 for the diode, for the ceramic you can use 500wv volt, for the filter capacitor it depends on the power supply voltage. if you use 130volts then you can use a working voltage of 160volts or higher.

you can modify that circuit by ommiting the 135volts supply and ommit the two diodes.

that project is an experimental. you should know how to set the bias voltage of transistors. especially the dc offset and current.

yes.. D12 and D13 mayde ommited in the circuit... can I lower the supply voltage from 130volts down to 80 or 90 volts? without changing the power output transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back