Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozikluv

:D hi everybody,

is a positive temperature coefficient pot a common device? can anyone refer me to a site with sufficient info on this device?

thanx in advance :D

You can safely assume that a wire wound pot has a PTC.
Similarily, a carbon track pot would have a NTC.

I guess the modern pots with cermet or conductive plastic tracks would have close to zero TC.

For info on specific pots you could try a google search on manufacturers spec sheets.

PTC pots

:D hi klaus,

thanx for the info, most of the time am using carbon pots (burr-brown) :D and maybe i could count how may times i have used wire wounds. time to do research on ptc pots.

good of you

Klaus said:
You can safely assume that a wire wound pot has a PTC.
Similarily, a carbon track pot would have a NTC.

I guess the modern pots with cermet or conductive plastic tracks would have close to zero TC.

For info on specific pots you could try a google search on manufacturers spec sheets.
good of you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back