Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potentiometer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Hello all,
Just a quick question from a newby.

I am building a voltage monitor to know the state of charge of my 12V motorcycle battery from a scematic I got off the web. The circuit contains a zener, two potentiometers of 500 ohm each, two transistors , one resistor, three diodes and three LEDs (red, amber and green)
Green shows everything fine, red shows under charging and amber shows over charging.

Now for my question. In the instructions it says to set the potentiometers to ground before applying any power. Does " set to ground " mean zero ohms measured from the centre pin to ground or does it mean 500 ohms when measured centre pin to ground. Unfortunately the terminology sometimes baffles me!

Thank you.

Barry.

0:eek:hm: between the centre pin and 0V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back