Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potato cannon spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1 is a DIAC, it doesn't have a sign, it's bidirectional, you could use an avalanche diode but they're less common than DIACs.

Take the circuit out of a disposable camera, remove the large capacitor and replace it with my circuit.

Turn the flash on and it will spark within a couple of seconds. Ther circuit is triggered when the voltage on C1 exceeds about 250V, you don't have to trigger the camera flash.

Here's a simpler way of doing this but it has the disadvantage of needing to switch >250VDC with a push button.

Attachments

• Photo ignition simple.PNG
    Photo ignition simple.PNG
    728 bytes · Views: 302
D1 is a DIAC, it doesn't have a sign, it's bidirectional, you could use an avalanche diode but they're less common than DIACs.

Take the circuit out of a disposable camera, remove the large capacitor and replace it with my circuit.

Turn the flash on and it will spark within a couple of seconds. Ther circuit is triggered when the voltage on C1 exceeds about 250V, you don't have to trigger the camera flash.

Here's a simpler way of doing this but it has the disadvantage of needing to switch >250VDC with a push button.
perfect! This is exactly what I needed, the button to set it off. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back