Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesla

Hello guys,

Can somebody please tell me how to connetct 2 pots togather so that I could trim the big changes of the higher pot by the lower one please?
Say I have a 300k Pot connected as a volatge divider (so I mean 3 pins are useed). Now how to use a lower post say 1k so that I trim the big changes of the higher one?
Makes sense?

Thanks a bunch

One way is to use a smaller value second pot connected as a rheostat in series with the top pin (the one going to the voltage) of the first pot. Thus if the second (rheostat) pot were 30kΩ, it would allow a ≈10% adjustment of the set output value of the first 300kΩ pot.

If you haven't, you may also want to consider the use of a 10 turn pot.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back