Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Posting in Electronic Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietMan

I tried to post in the Electronic Projects to put a recently completed project up and got a message stating I didn't have authorization. I think I meet the requirements, is there something I'm missing?

On a side note, I click home on top of the forum banner and Firefox responds with

111-37844d1263651562-posting-electronic-projects-temp.png

I have a lot of trouble with the attachments system too, the old one was a lot simpler overall.

Attachments

• temp.PNG
    temp.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
I've had the same difficulties accessing the site several times in the last few days. I think it's ElectroMaster partially resetting the system as he's tweaking things here and there. Hopefuly these problems will sort themselves out over the next few weeks, though ElectroMaster said there's a patch for this version of the forum software due out in a few weeks that may fix some of the problems noted.
This is what happens when you want to be on the cutting edge of software releases =)

I don't mind being a Guinea pig, so I'll hold off. I also meant my comments as positive feedback. I'm still a sysop of a local BBS in Dallas (remember those?), and know how it goes.

<sigh> Must be nice getting updates. :D

No problem. I'll definitely update people when the next release is out. And it should include the last of the bug fixes then this site will hopefully be stable once again.

BBS, I used to love going on them.. Was an amazing feeling being apart of one.. They seemed so grand and futuristic, but i haven't been on one in many many years.. Is it still popular?

Very rare as far as population goes. Mostly locally based.

They are still dying, only stubborn types still have them. I went to hours on my board because the second phone line was just too expensive. I suspect most sysop have moved to forums similar to this one (they do virtually the same things). The VBullitin software is expensive, but over time it is a lot cheaper than a $40-60/month phone line. Very few are left anywhere. How many people still use modems do you think?

There's free version of PHPboards out there all opensource and with plenty of support. At least one of the boards I was on moved to a free board software and still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back