Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible to use my own programmer for PIC's? (I'm new to this stuf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensjoachim

Hey im doing a little project of my own by trying to program a pic. The code is correct but I got this problem, Im using MPLAB IDE and I want to program my PIC in this case a PIC16f57 with my wellon VP-280 is says that it support the PIC but im not sure how to get the code from MPLAB and program it with my programmer.
I´m kinda new to this PIC programming stuf and I dont know much about software and stuf. When I build my project in MPLAB it make this file called "Makefile" can I just load it to the buffer or my programmer or how is it done?
I kinda tryed everything... And im allmost 100% sure that my test circuit is correct.

Yeah I kinda knew that but I cant find it I suppose when you press "Build all" it would make a hex file, but it dosn't.

Well dont know what I did but it I found it now. Im sorry for wasting your time btw :p But I got one more question how do it determine the frequency of the clock what I use RC osc?

Well dont know what I did but it I found it now. Im sorry for wasting your time btw :p But I got one more question how do it determine the frequency of the clock what I use RC osc?

If you're using an external RC clock it tells you how to calculate the values in the datasheet, personally I've never used it - I use either an external crystal, or the internal oscillator, in devices like the 16F628.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back