• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible chip?

Not open for further replies.


New Member
I'm new on here and looking for some advice
I've made a pcb for an application using 4 relays, it basically has 2 led's on it and 2 magnetic switches and once a switch is activated it sitches on 1 led and stays on until the other switch is activated then the led's change over.
Does anyone know of a possible chip that could do the same job? My current set up runs off 12v but can be changed to any voltage if needed.


Well-Known Member
The circuit you need is called a SR Flip-Flop, if you do a web seach there are lots of examples/tutorials

There are many chips that will do that function, but you will need to pay attention to the voltage certain chips run at , some only 5v others 12v , and also the load each output can handle,; many will drive a small low current led but anything more and you might need an extra drive transistor.
Not open for further replies.

EE World Online Articles