Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible 2 jam the mobiles in the perticular zone?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolby86

hi.... i m a student of diploma in industrial electronics

wanna knoww that .....is it possible 2 design such a jammer which will jam ur mobile in perticular area or zone such as class rooms in the schools n sensitive areas in the hospital!

concept:
the idea is 2 block the entire room or area not the perticular mobile
as such when a user will b entered in the zone his/her network'll b deactivated

goal:
desiging such zone jammer as final year project

waitin 4 the opinion!

hi! sumtimes need 2 switch off ur cells inthe hospital suchas near ECG machines! but still people 4 get that! thats y 2 jam them! is that ok?

dolby86 said:
hi! sumtimes need 2 switch off ur cells inthe hospital suchas near ECG machines! but still people 4 get that! thats y 2 jam them! is that ok?
No, it's NOT OK. Mobile phones are forbidden because of electro-magnetic interference, Jammer produce many interferences (to Jam the phones), so it's even worse then Mobiles themselves.

Yep. Jamming a mobile phone is like if someone is playing their music too loud, you play your music way louder so nobody can hear theirs.

It may stop anyone from hearing their music, but it's certainly the wrong way to solve a noise problem :lol:

dolby86 said:
concept:
the idea is 2 block the entire room or area not the perticular mobile
as such when a user will b entered in the zone his/her network'll b deactivated

goal:
desiging such zone jammer as final year project

coat the walls with ferrous material producing a faraday cage thus blocking any electro-mag signals entering or leaving the room

Nice 18th centrury solution to a 21st centry problem

You gotta love Faraday

Dolby

It is obvious that you know nothing about radio in general and cellphones in particular.

To jam the phone, you will have to transmit you own signal to override the incoming phone signal.
This idea is flawed on several counts:
1 It is highly illegal.
2 The signal will not just stop at the boundaries of the area you wish to protect, it will carry on and cause problems elsewhere.
3 Your signal will probably have the same effect on your sensitive equiment as the phone signal you are trying to block.
4 Cellphones transmit even when they are not being used to make a call.

If your equipment is sensitive to stray E-M fields it needs to be re-designed, or as Styx suggests, put it in a screened room.

JimB

PS,
[rant mode on]
if you want to be an engineer of some sort, learn to write proper English. Not the cool pseudo text-speak jive you used in your post.
[rant mode off]

Hi Dolby86,

It might be possible to make a piece of equipment that will detect
the presence of a mobile phone that is switched on.
They transmit their presence to maintain contact with nearby repeaters.
I think its short bursts about three seconds apart, i could be
wrong, but its something like that anyway.

Such a piece of equipment could be used to show when a mobile phone
is present and switched on.

Such a piece of equipment would not necessarily interfere with any
thing else, but if it gave a repeated beep then the owner of the
mobile phone would most likely turn it off, or leave.

This might be a better course of action than trying to 'jam' the signal
which has already been discussed. I would just add that i think the
'spread-spectrum' method was originally devised specifically because
it is almost impossible to 'jam'.
I don't know how similar the mobile phone system is, to the original
design put forward by H.Lamarr & G.Antheil, but that was the intention.

Best regards, John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back