Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possibilities of Bluetooth RF amplifier?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I think bluetooth has almost 2GHz friquency. If I make a normal RF amplifier suitable for 2GHz, then is it possible to amplify cell phones' bluetooth power and can send data via bluetooth far like 1KM?

Practically no. **broken link removed** is 1km, line of site under good conditions though.

Increasing the power, or altering the antenna of an RF device certified by the FCC immediately invalidates its certification and it becomes illegal to use.

Practically no. **broken link removed** is 1km, line of site under good conditions though.

Increasing the power, or altering the antenna of an RF device certified by the FCC immediately invalidates its certification and it becomes illegal to use.

You're rather assuming he's in the USA, which isn't by any means suggested by his post.

However, it would be illegal in any civilised country, and probably many less civilised ones as well.

Don't talk about legal/illegal. Neither I'm going to make nor going to transmit. Just want to know that- Normal 2GHz rf amplifier can amplify bluetooth RF of not?

Providing the amp has adequate bandwidth it's possible. But as others have pointed out it's illegal in most jurisdictions. It's also anti-social because it would cause unwanted interference with other users' equipment over a wide area.
Don't talk about legal/illegal.
Why not? You may not be making or transmitting but other visitors to this site may be tempted. This site does not encourage illegal or anti-social activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back