Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

positive, neg. volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishape

I understand how to use pos. neg v but how to use both in same circuit eludes me because I am in prelearning mode. Maybe this attachment will allow you to see what I mean. Thank you. IA

Are you referring to the + and - signs on the op-amps?

If so, they indicate: If a - sign, the inverting input and is a + sign, the non-inverting input to the op-amp.

Hi Irishape,

they are called 'bipolar power supply' and here is the general basic schematic:
View attachment 60233

positive, neg volt

Hi Gobbledok, are you saying to use a transformer with center tap to ground and picking up + and - from rectifier? This circuit is for a noise maker which I would like to use that source type rather than batteries. Also would that common ground be used on the whole circuit as Luke shows with the batteries?

Hi irishape,

Yes that's right. The centre-tap is then your ground-reference for the whole circuit and you connect it to other grounds which may exist on the same circuit.

Yes your+/- voltage come from the bridge rectifier. Take note that the bottom regulator is a 7915 (instead of 7815) which is a negative regulator.

Hi irishape,

Yes that's right. The centre-tap is then your ground-reference for the whole circuit and you connect it to other grounds which may exist on the same circuit.

Yes your+/- voltage come from the bridge rectifier. Take note that the bottom regulator is a 7915 (instead of 7815) which is a negative regulator.

Thank you very much, you are going to have me so smart that the smoke will clear out in my work area enough I can see what I am doing. Cheers

Haha the good ol' magic smoke. Don't worry, there's plenty left where that came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back