Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ports in pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankbond

can anyone tell me about the differentports used in pc ; i m mostly interested in the parallel ports namely LPT1 & LPT2 what are there addresses assigned while controlling them through a simple program

thanks

Attachments

• esp02 Sep. 25.gif
    esp02 Sep. 25.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
can anyone tell me about the differentports used in pc ; i m mostly interested in the parallel ports namely LPT1 & LPT2 what are there addresses assigned while controlling them through a simple program

thanks

"in pc" is bit "wide" .. you have isa, vlb, pci, pci-e .. but from the other part of your question I'd conclude that you are interested in ports for peripherals ..
- parallel port (LPT)
- serial port (CON)
- usb
- firewire
and many more

if you are interested in using parallel port these links might provide you with simple libraries and examples on how to use them:
http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm (for 32bit and 64bit windows)
**broken link removed** (for 32bit windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back