Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

porting schematic to breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpjack

does it exist a software which designs a breadboard layout starting from a schematic?
I need to "translate" this schematic to something anybody (even with no electronic skill) is able to build by himself:
**broken link removed**

I could "translate" it by myself... but why wasting time if I can have a software doing it for me? :)

I don't know of any schematic to breadboard converters, you generally have to do that by hand. If you start with really basic circuits it's not overly difficult as half the components are like jumper wires, and take up no real space.

Start by inserting the IC's, spacing them out proportionally over a center line so you have enough room for the support components. Transistors and other components with more than two leads can be lined up on the outside edges of the board. Next, number your schematic with the pad numbers on your breadboard, matching them up to the components in that pad. (if your breadboard doesn't have numbers, chuck it, it sucks.) Now assign numbers to all the connection points that don't already have a number from being an IC or having more than two leads. It is a pretty easy task to connect the numbers using wires and the remaining two-leaded components. If you write down which pads you insert the parts and wires into, you can tell someone how to wire it with no experience, but they are still likely to fail since they won't know how to troubleshoot.

So those silly little numbers actually are useful for something.

Those XXX-in-one electronic project kits would have a numbered wiring sequence which was essentially the same thing.

I found something on google about "breadboard simulators", but didn't download anything yet: are they what I am looking for?

TheVictim gave you pretty much all the information you need to do it. All you need to do is print the schematic an add the numbers by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back