Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

portable speaker for mp3 player,need help =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple_orca

im creating a portable mp3 speaker by using a Mobile speaker(motorola v3) and a old headphone jack and im not satisfy on the loudness of it. so, can anyone teach me how to make this much more louder like in motorola cellphones??

evrytime i plug it to my computer speaker the loudness is same as mobile speaker.but if i plug it to the mp3 player the loudness is too low.

help me pls..

You need an active amplifier or a better mp3 player.
Here is a good active amplifier you can build: **broken link removed**

this might help as an amplifier.
amp.png
amp1.png
amptop.png

im creating a portable mp3 speaker by using a Mobile speaker(motorola v3) and a old headphone jack and im not satisfy on the loudness of it. so, can anyone teach me how to make this much more louder like in motorola cellphones??

evrytime i plug it to my computer speaker the loudness is same as mobile speaker.but if i plug it to the mp3 player the loudness is too low.

help me pls..
Post is confusing one. What I got is you've plugged your mp3 speaker to your computer speaker and the loudness is same as mobile speaker.

if your speaker is too quiet it is probally because there is no amplifier inside it increasing the gain so that it is loud enough. You need to build an amplifier board or kit such as this one : **broken link removed**

Post is confusing one. What I got is you've plugged your mp3 speaker to your computer speaker and the loudness is same as mobile speaker.
i mean evrytime i plug my portble mp3 speaker to computer speaker with female jack the soud is great.but if i plug it on my mp3 player the volume is too low

here's a link which i plug on a computer speaker and the sound is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cos5ffSsUE8

and here's another link which i plug on my mp3 player but the sound is too low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwCQd5GXkR4

hope you guys help me with this =(

Last edited:
i mean evrytime i plug my portble mp3 speaker
Its not a portble mp3 speaker, it looks like a speaker from a telephone handset.
The output from your PC speakers is ment for a full size headphones (high power), and the output of the MP3 player is for earbuds (low power). you need amplified speakers for your MP3 player. Andy

so u mean i need to put a battery for my portable mp3 loud speaker which i create??..

Yes. You are not going to get a good sound without a battery powered amplifier. Look at all the commercial portable speakers. They all are battery powered devices.

look at post #3 it has got a simple 2 channel amp.

Your tiny and cheap "speaker" has awful sound quality. It will probably blow up if you feed it with a power amplifier.
Today an ad came in the newspaper that shows a "mini cube speaker" at only $5.99. It must have a built-in power amplifier because the ad says "3 AAA batteries are sold separately". It looks small so it also will sound bad, but not as bad as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back