Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug3r

I'm designing and building a (somewhat) portable heater for mah job. I have a low voltage heating element and (hopefully) a sufficient power supply. The area I'm hoping someone can help me with here is a temperature sensing circuit. I like the low voltage specifications of a thermocouple...but this device needs to monitor temperature changes in a 1 cu.ft. area, and I'm unsure of a thermocouples exact application.
IN addition. the temperature sensor is going to determine the voltage (voltage regulator) requirements for the heating element as well as a couple led's to indicate if the temperature drops below freezing. I'll continue to look through the massive database here and elsewhere...any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Ok..maybe more info is required...
I'm using an LM34 to sense the temperature change...my range is from 40 F to 70 F
A 7805 will regulate the voltage to the heating element.

Last edited:
Yes I think LM34 or LM35A will work fine for the temprature range you have mentioned

For 1 cubic foot? Sounds likes plenty, depends on insulation granted.

The box IS heavily insulated. I'm still learning, so forgive my lack of knowledge...how do I get from the LM34 to the 7805 voltage regulator...is a comparator needed and do I need an omp amp prior to the comparator?

Depending on accuracy a thermistor, transistor and relay would do. Then again, a PIC, FET and an LM75 would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back