Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable Hard Drive Inbuilt Female Micro USB Connector Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonwoods33

Hi,

My Portable Hard Drive has stopped functioning and after taking it apart to see if there were any obvious internal faults - i found one - the female micro usb connector (where the lead would connect from the device to the computer) had come away from the Circuit Board. I've attempted to solder this back together but I've also noticed that there is one of the 5 pins missing.

Is there any where i can buy a new female usb connector to solder straight onto the circuit board - or alternatively is there a new circuit board assembly that i can buy to swap with the damaged one? i've circled the problem area in the attached image. PHD Connector Boa&#1.jpg.

Many thanks in advance,

Simon.

You could try Maplin if you are in the UK........

I have exactly the same problem. I have attempted to superglue the micro usb back onto the circuit board, but it comes off straight away. I dont have soldering equipment. Can i simply buy a new connection board or cables to plug into a usb port?

Connection is serial ata-150 , sata 7-pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back