Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

danadak

Most Helpful Member
Any consideration after you have shown me 20,5000+ Omron relay or Microchip popup
ads maybe stop pushing them and eating up precious net bandwidth which is a scarce
resource in my location ? Eating up my time, navigating around them ?

Just asking for a friend.

Generally speaking time for legislation, once a single ad has been pushed onto a user
no more ? Or everytime an ad is pushed onto/into user advertiser pays a direct deposit
of $1 to victims bank account ? Just a thought. This will help advertisers pay for the infra-
structure they are using. Not us.... And a dollar not going to be worth much anymore
due to inflation so not that expensive for the advertiser.

Or give us the IP of the advertiser so users can push back what we feel user should see.
Now that could be a lot of fun...... A reciprocal fair relationship.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Well, time to send an invoice to the advertisers for taking our time as reciprocal.
And please apply any success also to television advertisements from leeches... oops, sorry, -lawyers-; health insurance, car insurance, identity theft, inflated sandwiches...
Nobody needs to be told more than once or twice which new-this-week medicine to buy and take daily just in case an illness does not develop some day...

:grumpy:

Look at Brave browser

Here is a snapshot of what it has does for me to date.

Attachments

• brave_stats.png
    brave_stats.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 99
Look at Brave browser

Here is a snapshot of what it has does for me to date.

So the answer is for us to switch browsers when we come to ETO? Of the many forums I go to this, ETO, is the only one that has the popups that take up half the page.

If its an imposition I'd not bother either. Carry on as you are then.

There are several available ad-blocker extensions for Firefox (and I daresay other browsers). uBlock Origin works for me to block ETO popups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back