Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

popular electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

Does anyone know where I can get a whole ton of analog circuits from "Popular Electronics" online without ordering their magazines?

I'm surprised they dont have a website (unless I'm dumb)

Hi MS,
The history of electronics magazines:
Radio Electronics mag became Electronics Now. Popular Electronics merged with Electronics Now and became Poptronics (maybe called Poptronix). They stopped publication in 2003. Poptroinix was online for a while but I can't find it now.

The are hundreds of circuits sites online. The biggest one (8000+ circuits) is probably http://www.discovercircuits.com/index.htm . :lol:

I remember reading that magazine. Stopped buying it when the " marketplace " section at the back was bigger than the rest of the magazine. Shame really, hardly any publications of its kind at all nowadays.

But I guess me posting here is helping the demise of the magazine world. Kind of ironic in a way.

I have to got to one of the big newsagents downtown and check for imported magazines ( brutal mark-up BTW , for example, PC Pro is $20CAN )

Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the book , if you will pardon the pun,from the online music community and embrace peer to peer sharing?

My local library has archives of Popular Electronics all the way back into the early '70's (maybe even farther). Maybe you could try yours ...
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back