Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Popping in lm1875 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecool85

I built a 2 channel lm1875 amp and when I turn it off it makes a popping sound. I've tried a bunch of different grounding schemes to no avail (currently star grounded.) It makes no difference as to what the volume is set at as to how loud the popping is.

You didn't say which type of power supply your amp is using. A single supply has a few capacitors that must charge then discharge. A split supply has much less chance of causing on-off popping.

Good point, this supply has 4 MUR860 diodes, into two 1500uF caps, the a couple 0.1uF caps and some 1ohm resistors. It gives me +/-23.6 volts. I'm running it on a center tapped transformer I pulled from a non working CB base station.

Yeah, I have those. I might try your suggestion, but probably not. It'd be more pain than its worse. It barely pops, just enough to be noticable. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back