Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pop quiz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

HorsePower is called Horse Power since it is the equivalent to the power of a horse.

According to my calculations the average car is what 120HP, and one HP is about 750watts, so does that mean a car puts out 90,000 watts ??

the average horse is 1100LBS, so would that make it 1100/750 = 1.5lbs per watt?

Does that mean a mouse(rat)(0.5LBs) could put out 1/3 watt?

If that is the case what is the best way to catch that energy? starting with an avg mouse wheel?

An engine is most often rated ate its peak power so although a car may have a 120 HP engine it is not necessarily always using or needing produce that power level but yes given 1 hp is 746 watts that does make it a roughly 90 KW power source.

The problem of harnessing creature power is that living things tend to not want to put out their full physical working capacity for any longer than necessary which means with living things laziness/conservation of energy always wins.

Crazy!?! I had a Mouse once, bloomin thing was up all night on his wheel! plus don't rats eat garbage? its like the most efficient and friendly incinerator ever!

One Mouse Power

Boy you have big mice!;) I bet he wouldn't run all night if you hooked a little dc motor to his wheel and made him charge a battery. Probably wouldn't weigh half a pound for long after all that exercise either.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back