Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pommie! Why is a GLCD dummy read necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the first posted data sheet did sort of tell you, it said to look to the driver chip for details of instruction functions:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/07/DS_S6B0108_V00.pdf

The first one that came up as opposed to a samsung link.

Right off the top you are violating set up and hold times as well as the fact that the data sheet says 700nS min not 450nS.

Assuming 200nS try:

E=0; nop; nop; (E=0 min 700nS)
RW=1; nop; (address setup time = 210nS min)
E=1; nop; nop; nop; (data delay time 480nS max)
tmp=portd;
(E=1 min 700nS already met so you should be able to just start the next cycle here)

That should be the whole read sequence. Let me know how it works out.

EDIT: and two messages in the mean time says you already got something working...

Last edited:
too bad I wasn't paying more attention. I just saw it at the top and did not really look closer at the dates.

I would still be interested in hearing what happened if someone were to put that bit to the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back