Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

police siren

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmarin

police siren help

hi all

is there anyone that could help me???

i'm trying for months to make a police siren to put in my kart but i cant get the sound right... get always a rapid waill

i want this:
**broken link removed**

please some know some circuit that make this sound, please hook me up with one...

Last edited:
Just buy a cheap siren, sometimes these things aren't work making unless it's for educational purposes.

The quality of that wav file is good enough that you could just stick it in one of those little analog record/playback chips, put a small amplifier on it's output, then play it back through a small horn speaker.

Here is a little circuit that works well.

Attachments

• Siren Adj.gif
    Siren Adj.gif
    579.4 KB · Views: 690
Hello, I'm new and this is my first reply on this board. I have been a member of another board on www.airraidsirens.com (Q&A Forums), and I built a small indoor model tornado siren, inspired by American Signal's T-128. I wanted a genuine electromechanical sound, so I used a 2x20 sec Voice Recording Module (electronics123.com). I replaced the microphone with a 100 Ohm resistor and soldered a 10 K resistor leg to one side. This formed a 40 dB pad to directly feed a .wav file from my PC sound card without overdriving it. (I had to play with PC's volume a lil' bit). I just used mini-grabbers on one of the RCA's I pulled from behind one of the PC speakers. I loaded 2 different siren .wav files from the same siren site. My radio had an ALARM OUT that eased triggering issues. I have yet to install a motor to rotate the speaker for realism, but I used a 1/4" headphone jack as a slipring when I am ready to. I have pics/video if anybody is interested.

I have never heard the siren on a police car go, "wha, wha, wha" like it was playing though a rotating Leslie speaker. Maybe you heard a police car that went too fast around a corner and was rolling over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back