Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Police lights circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage_28

Hey guys i'm looking for a diagram circuit for strobe flashing police lights for my r/c cars.I want to use LED's for the project.Can you guys help me with my idea?

Thanks

Savage 28

just stick in small mcu and program it. you are most likely to see tons of tutorials for PIC or whatever you want to use. using delays and lookup tables you can have variety of flashing patterns. I'm sure Nigel's website will have something suitable if not just like that but here are some links (google is your friend):

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

check this one

**broken link removed**
check this one this is very simple to make
use one RED led and one BLUE led.
ENJOY!!!!1 :lol:

well police in different countries has different light signs. in north america they have more flashing lights than a small disco club and the paterns change. this is why i suggested programmed chip.... :lol:

if the supply is 9V, you could simply use flashing LED. I'm not sure if they have them for lower voltage.

Thanks for the reply guys and the idea's.What i need is a strobe type effect(like a nite club strobe).I know if i want to have the same effect i need a ac version.So proberly a circuit to use 6 L.E.D'S in total.

AC? where did you get that idea?
just get small programmable chip and few LEDs.

Savage_28 said:
Thanks for the reply guys and the idea's.What i need is a strobe type effect(like a nite club strobe).I know if i want to have the same effect i need a ac version.So proberly a circuit to use 6 L.E.D'S in total.

u need to use triacs or scrs for that purpose not leds

So you want to use an xeon flash tube?

You need an HV cap,a way to charge it and at trigering transformer.

You could probably get the same effect of a strobe with just using some bright LEDs. Then using a microcontroller, you could have them flash however you want.
Depending on the size of the flash tube, you would either need a powerful battery or a really long extension cord.

What i meant to say i need the same brightness as a xeon tube.Like those cell phones with flashy very bright blue lights

Savage_28 said:
What i meant to say i need the same brightness as a xeon tube.Like those cell phones with flashy very bright blue lights

Those have NOTHING like the brightness of a xenon flash tube, they are simply bright LED's.

I agree, but due to the fast flash rate that would be needed, and the power restrictions on an RC car, it kinda seems like LEDs would be the better option. and you could still get a great looking effect depending on how you flash the leds.

**broken link removed**
check this one this is very simple to make
use one RED led and one BLUE led.
ENJOY!!!!1 :lol:

WILL THIS circuit work? how can i make it flash 3time L and 3times R :D .
WHat is d name of the transistor your using here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back