Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Point to Point wireless project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_sandoval

Hello everybody,

I need to build the cost less point to point wireless device, this device is going to be design to transmit information from one pc to another about 50 meters one to another, I'm thinking to use bluetooth, but i have not expirience, seems to me the easy way and chiper, I would like to bluid my self to get some expirience.

Please if any knows where I can found this circuit or information let me know.

Thanks. :)

I recommend you use some sort of prepackaged device. That way you don't have to think about any of the communications that will go into it. There is a website called RF linx, that make some very good prepackaged devices that operate in the ISM (Industrial, Scientific, and Medical band, its non-liscense band) band.

They sell devices that will do FSK type modulation for digital data, or some of the more common analog schemes such as FM and AM.

I recommend you start there.

b_sandoval said:
Hello everybody,

I need to build the cost less point to point wireless device, this device is going to be design to transmit information from one pc to another about 50 meters one to another, I'm thinking to use bluetooth, but i have not expirience, seems to me the easy way and chiper, I would like to bluid my self to get some expirience.

Please if any knows where I can found this circuit or information let me know.

Thanks. :)

Check out the last 2 issues of siliconchip as they are doing an article on setting up wireless on computers. The article goes right through all the basics thru to more advanced ways and they also give a link to a wireless book available which is supposed to be the bible on the subject

Hope this helps

Cheers Bryan :D

Bluetooth is not all that quick the data rate may be unsuitable for large file transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back