Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PN junction with different doping concentrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanjKrish

I have difficulty in understanding the BJT working
It led me to the doubt

Suppose if there is a PN junction diode with N heavily doped and P lightly doped and thiner than the N region say..
and we supply a forward bias voltage to it..

What will happen:

Will the heavily doped N inject more amount of electrons in the P region in exchange for the fewer holes from the P side..
OR
Will the N region inject exactly the amount of electrons equal to the holes from the P region..

My intuition says the second one is right, as the N though is rich with electrons is electrically neutral... but while understanding the BJT all authors state that since since the base is lightly doped it is very easy for the emitter to flood it with electrons and the excess electrons will pass through the collector...

Can anyone explain me the case in PN junction diode and relate it with the case of BJT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back