Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plzzzz. guys I need urgent help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocharge

Hi everybody,
My project resembles a typical car parking system where only an authorized person can check in & then check out. I’ve built the necessary logic ckt. For authorization, but I’m concerned with the later part of controlling the barrier of the parking area. As it will only be a small scale model of the actual one so can anyone plz. Help me out with simple ckt. Diagrams, ideas etc. which can control a dc motor (preferred ) or stepper motor with the below mentioned conditions:
1) a small wooden rod coupled with the motor should rise(i.e. rotate) when the person is authorized.
2) It will stay up to that position until the person has fully passed to a certain distance.
3) The barrier will be lowered (reversed rotation) to it’s initial pos. & wait for another authorization(i.e. motor control ckt. Is then inactive)
4) The circuit should be such that after the authorization is confirmed (through the logic ckt.) the person can pull out his card from the reader but the motor control ckt. Will still work & lower the shaft & then it will end.
Any kind of ideas, thoughts with detailed ckt. Diagrams (should be simple as I’m a newbie) is greatly necessary. Plz. Help me out with this project as soon as possible.

It would help quite a bit if we could see your logic circuit. Not knowing what the logic is makes it very difficuilt to design the physical part.
I remember doing the logic for this in my intro to digital design, we never got to implement it though.

A servo motor will probably be your best bet, as it will provide the necessary feedback that you need to know which position the gate is in.
I think it'll be difficult if you cant use a Microcontroller though. I havent used these before so I dont know what kind of circuits are available.
A servo motor would be nice because you can tell it to rotate say 1/2 a turn and hold that position, which would make it easier to connect the gate to.

Using the DC motor is your easiest route logic wise, you will need some limit switches that will tell you when the gate reaches the up or down position.

To tell when the person is past the gate, you could have a momentary switch mounted in the ground after the gate, that would sense the car tires going over it. once the switch is switched 2 times, you know the car has passed the gate.

Those are just some quick thoughts, I gotta get back to my homework now...

Optical break beam or relfective sensors offer a quick fix
for detecting the postion of the car , the same kind of sensor
can also be used as a limit switch on the barrier.

jrz126 said:
To tell when the person is past the gate, you could have a momentary switch mounted in the ground after the gate, that would sense the car tires going over it. once the switch is switched 2 times, you know the car has passed the gate.

What if a unicyclist is going through the gate (only one axle)?? You have to account for all possibilities.. :lol:

Phasor said:
What if a unicyclist is going through the gate (only one axle)?? You have to account for all possibilities..

Phasor makes a valid point , whilst powered road going unicycles are something of a rarity they do exist , but riders of thier two wheeled cousins the motorcycle do use parking facilities designed for automobiles.
Which incidently really can flummux a logic circuit as a motorcycle with a side-car outfit has three axles in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back