Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1120

Hi everyone:)
I am an electronics students and am doing a project.I have a few questions and would really appreciate if anyone could help:

1-what does a foorprint in traxmaker mean?Is it the same as package for a component?How can i get it(i.e. is it in datasheets?)?

2-On what basis should I change the package of an inductor,a capacitor and a diode bridge rectifier?
Im using circuitmaker for the simulation,and its default package for an inductor is AXIAL0.4 for inductor and RAD 0.2 for capacitor.How do I know what to choose?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Next time you post something, change your title to represent the actual question. No one likes to read Plz help threads. They tell us nothing about whether we can help or not at a glance and they do not spark our interest. Most people won't even bother to click on the post to read it to see if they can help or not. The only reason I opened this post was because I was expecting a "Please do my homework for me" post and was expecting to scold you.

A footprint is the set of metal pads on the physical PCB that the component installs into.

The component name doesn't really matter in the software (well it does if you are simulating, but not so much if you are making a PCB) It just makes it much easier to keep track of things in very larger boards. What you really need is for the footprint of the component in the software to be the same as the actual component you are using. Use the datasheets. Many components come in a few packagings and therefore have different footprints so make sure to know exactly which thing you are buying and not just the component name. You need the component part number most times.

You know what to choose by planning out which components you are going to use. Find their footprings and change the footprint in the software to match. Footprints are more important that the component name that the software uses. If it's a just a simulation and not a board layout, it probably doesn't matter too much which packaging is used as long as the component is the same. The only time it might (that I know of) is if the software takes into account the parasitic resistance, capacitance, and inductance of the packaging- and even then you would only matter for high frequency or radio circuits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back