Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plz Help me sooooon!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anurag_Singh said:
I have handwired P16PRO40 ...but it is not with me...it is with one of my friend.
Now I am trying to program using JDM programmer made by me as well as that I bought from
**broken link removed**

Hi,
OK
Your link is broken.

EDIT:
Looking for the JDM, I found this modification.

**broken link removed**

Also this:

I believe that the "JDM Programmer" is cheap and very useful PIC Programmer. However, since "JDM Programmer" cannot control VDD, the algorithm "VPP before VDD" is inapplicable. Programming to the latest device from this reason may go wrong when using CONFIG settings as "Internal oscillator" "MCLR OFF". These devices are given power from the "JDM programmer",and execute program code. An error may come out by verification, or it may become impossible erasure and become impossible re-programming . In order to solve this problem, I designed a programmer based on the "JDM programmer." Since this programmer was made of resistors, capacitors, and diodes, I named this the "RCD Programmer." "Hardware settings" of IC-Prog are the same as the "JDM programmer."

As I dont use the JDM, I cannot comment.?

Last edited:
Instead of JDM B, which might work, I would rather suggest externally powered DL4YHF version whose schematic and a possible artwork as developed by me in the attached Zip file. Thanks to DL4YHF for the design. As Pommie rightly pointed out this version , perhaps, supports Vpp before Vdd. the power supply is designed accordingly. Also thanks to PCB123 software which helped me sketch this design for my hobby.

Attachments

• DL4YHF prog.zip
    38.6 KB · Views: 111
Hi Anurag,
You can try P16PRO40 and Nigel's WinpicProg. Try now select option/hardware/Programmer type and p16pro40-7406 or 7407 (this depends on wich chip you have in your programmer), if you have a 7405 then select 7406 on the dropdown list. Now try to toggle the buttons the red LED's should ligth up when you toggle VPP and VPP40 and the input should follow when you toggle the output button high/low. This will tell you if your LPT port works ok, and if the voltage on VPP and VPP40 is about 12volt or more when you toggle them your programmer also works ok.

Thanks Everyone!!

I got my pic programmed...
I used the circuit given on site: **broken link removed**
I just removed the connections of zener diode for providing 13V...instead i used an external 13V supply and it worked well...

Thanks to oyl(leif), mvs_sarma, nigel and all others who helped me.
BTW, the tutorials provided by Nigel are brilliant for a new pic programmer.
HATS OFF TO HIM..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back