Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plz help...deliver me pic16F628...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurag_Singh

I am a resident of Agra, India

I am finding much difficulty in getting pic 16F628 in the market.
Can anyone deliver it to me ... I will pay the reasonable cost to him through cheque or DD.
Please help me as I am in an urgent need of pic 16F628 or 628A.

Very costly PIC...

Pommie said:

No Mike...I want to buy a single pic or at most two ..
but ordering it directly from microchip adds about $40 shipping cost to it and thus the pic will cost me 20 times its original rate...

I want some cheaper method to buy it

If you can get samples from Microchip then the cost is zero. I'm allowed 12 chips every three months. I haven't had any samples for over 9 months and so I'm allowed 3*12 chips free.

I'll add, Microchip provide a superb sample service and it should be used as such. Please don't abuse it.

To get samples you have to register with Microchip.

Mike.

Anurag_Singh said:
but ordering it directly from microchip adds about $40 shipping cost to it and thus the pic will cost me 20 times its original rate...

I just looked at what it would cost to ship to you from this country. $50+!! Better you find a mail-order dealer there. Try calling Microchip and see if they can find you a source?

Anurag_Singh said:

Please contact Silicon components Pvt Ltd at their New Delhi phone 4304 1560 or cell number 93505 12469?
Don't wonder How I get these numbers when you could not trace?

Last edited:
whiz115 said:
Anurag_Singh check here

www.futurlec.com

Dear Sir,

It is not that they are not avaialble in Indian Market. our friend is unable to locate them. I totally agree with Anurag_singh that it will be prohibitively costly when we try to purchase from international market, let it be as close as Bangkok or Singapore. The courier charges will be heavy.

For example PIC16F628A can be avaialble for Indian Rs95+P&P will wotkout to a max of 150 and becomes equivalent of less than $4/-. Same thing if ordered from international will cost us 1.8+50=51.8 or in some cases usps transportation will cost 1.8+10=%11.8. We are not sure of getting this post parcel.

By all means , we may have to depend on local markets and most students and hobbists have to search for a local source.

Anurag_Singh said:
I got the chip...
now just going to make a P16PRO40 programmer...and hope to run it(it's must for me...)
You may indicate the source in Delhi, and the price as it will be useful for other Indian Members.

mvs sarma said:
You may indicate the source in Delhi, and the price as it will be useful for other Indian Members.

Sorry Sir...
But I don,t know the source as I ordered it to a shopkeeper and he got it from Microchip Bangalore...
However the pic 16F628A cost me Rs.110 (actually I got 4 IC for Rs.440)

It is Ok for the time being. It should have been cheaper than that. Say at Indian Rs60/-+tax each +p&p

In future you may perhaps try from www.cirkitelectro.com of Mumbai and you are likely to get them cheaper, at 90/-plus P&P and taxes of course. Silicon components pvt Ltd is still cheap, I feel. Atleast, that shop name could have been indicated for ease of others having similar trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back