Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pls Identify this component

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightcatz

hi guys ,
can anyone pls identify the component in the attached image .......
it is rated at 2A 250V .....I doubt it to be a fuse .......

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Im not sure, to be honest. I could be a thermal fuse, but then it should have a temperater or code on it. it the markings on it in 'mirror writing'? by the way?

nightcatz said:
hi guys ,
can anyone pls identify the component in the attached image .......
it is rated at 2A 250V .....I doubt it to be a fuse .......

I'm also not sure.Try measuring with a multimeter whether the current is passing both sides.& also check whether it has some resistance.

Is that case metal?

If it is burned then:rolleyes:

thanks guys .....you are right it is from the power supply inside my printer which stopped working ...

Last edited:
HI guys I have tried replacing the above fuse with a 2A 250v glass fuse but it did not work

Last edited:
It sounds like some of the other components burnt out when the fuse blew or the fault that caused the fuse to blow is still present.

Did the glass fuse blow?

Hi,
you need to cure the fault that caused the fuse to blow in the first place, the fault is more than likely on the primary side, start by checking the rectifier/diodes and the FET

i have found a resistor that has burnt out and whose color code is
green blue silver and gold ....what is the value of silver in the multiplier band
how can i check the mosfet ..no.4n70

4n70 is 4A 700V mosfet. If their pin is shorted, it's broken.
If the mosfet broken, check out the driver if still fine.

Last edited:
nightcatz said:
i have found a resistor that has burnt out and whose color code is
green blue silver and gold ....what is the value of silver in the multiplier band
how can i check the mosfet ..no.4n70
We told you in the other thread!

Please don't ask the same questions across different threads, it doesn't increase the chance of a helpful answer, it just causes confusion.

I am sorry that was all out my enthusiasm for repairing my printer powersupply ,both the resistor and the mosfet are from the same powersupply......anyways thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back