Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls i need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

okufeso

i have been building inverters (single phase 220v) using mosfets and controll circuits and they really works but my biggets problem now is that my people are now requesting for bigger invertters like 25kva-200kva, what i am now facing is the size and the look of how the finnished product will be if i continue with the use of a transformer.

okufeso said:
i have been building inverters (single phase 220v) using mosfets and controll circuits and they really works but my biggets problem now is that my people are now requesting for bigger invertters like 25kva-200kva, what i am now facing is the size and the look of how the finnished product will be if i continue with the use of a transformer.

Welcome to Electro-tech-online,

As you are making inverters, i hope that you might be a qualified person. lease re-collect the rule-- "energy can neither be created nor...."

so if you want inverter at such high wattage, you have to afford volume and higher power devices. Only way ito reduce size of magnetics is to choose High frequencies, in the order of MHz. I am not quite sure whether devices and cores are available at such high wattage.

Then why not try distributed inverters housed in one cabinet. How ever the outputs need to be isolated. This gives you redundancy.

thanks i read your msg, and i think the solution is to build a transformerless inverter that takes a battery bank of say 300volts dc and switch to 230vac, but i have little or no idea of how to go about. still i will like to show u what i have done so far using a 2 anode transformer. Pls i will love to have your mail address so i can send it to you thanks

okufeso said:
thanks i read your msg, and i think the solution is to build a transformerless inverter that takes a battery bank of say 300volts dc and switch to 230vac, but i have little or no idea of how to go about. still i will like to show u what i have done so far using a 2 anode transformer. Pls i will love to have your mail address so i can send it to you thanks

Is it wise to build such lethal devices without a good working knowledge of such things? Sounds pretty dangerous to me.

that's gonna be a hell of a battery bank than to provide 85 amps to 700 amps at 300v for your requirements

cells who deliver the 700 amp are available but so far i know only in 2 volt
which makes it roughly 150 cells and they are not a bargain

is it not cheaper to think in terms of generators if you want that amount of power

how you gonna charge the batterys your charger is gonna be a problem also

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back