Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls help me/.... singer dvd player no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
i checked

dry solder

replace 7805c

but same

what is the device? ---- full make and model
where are pictures/ schematics? --- have you googled for a service manual ?
why do you think its not working? ---- ie. what fault symptoms is it showing ?
when did it stop working? ---- eg. during a thunderstorm or a power cut ?
how have you tested it so far? --- even basic tests -- fuses, Low voltage DC rails tests

Dave

i checked

dry solder

replace 7805c

but same

Singer.... as in sewing machines????? sounds like an "off brand", and the time you've expended is worth more than the cost of a new one.... but anyway, what's the symptom? is it dead? does it not read disks? if it is an off brand, and the OEM cost is less than $50.00US, then there may be no service manual, because the player is meant to be DX (direct exchanged) by the retailer if it fails under warranty, rather than repaired. this would also mean that the manufacturer doesn't provide repair parts (drive, boards, etc...)

Last edited:
More likely this unit has a switching power supply circuit and if that is the case it may have a capacitor go bad. I have seen this a lot on other models.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back