Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pls advise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkyong

I am repairing a UPS system which inverter IGBT using 2MBI150N-120 (150A 1200V) was found faulty,and I just have 2MBI150N-060(150A 600V) in stock,do you think that I can use 2MBI150N-060 instead of 2MBI150N-120?The DC rectifier Voltage produced to the IGBT pins C1 & E2 is just 435Vdc.Thanks!!!!

I am repairing a UPS system which inverter IGBT using 2MBI150N-120 (150A 1200V) was found faulty,and I just have 2MBI150N-060(150A 600V) in stock,do you think that I can use 2MBI150N-060 instead of 2MBI150N-120?The DC rectifier Voltage produced to the IGBT pins C1 & E2 is just 435Vdc.Thanks!!!!

I wouldnt. It would be prudent to assume there is a good reason for over rating the parts. Try to find a 1200V device.

**broken link removed**

Pls refer to this circuit.This is the circuit for the UPS inverter o/p,if I put 2 different brand IGBT,Q1(brand A)&Q2 (brand B).both 1200Vdc 150A,don't
know it works or not?

**broken link removed**

Pls refer to this circuit.This is the circuit for the UPS inverter o/p,if I put 2 different brand IGBT,Q1(brand A)&Q2 (brand B).both 1200Vdc 150A,don't
know it works or not?

I hope there is more in the actual circuit than what is drawn. But anyways, I think if both parts have same V & I ratings and are in same package (or similar for heatsinking purposes) and have similar turn-on & turn off times it is probably a safe bet. If one of these parameters is too far out of line, closer examination into operating conditions will be necessary to determine if it will work or not. Package is important because if there is too much lead inductance, dead time may be affected / need adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back