Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hello guys. Im working on my LCD (Nokia 6100) with SD and custom images and thought wow my code sux but decided to try something and removed the HSPLL i had in place and left it as HS and behold its quite slower but 100% more accurate. I get no glitches of any kind.

Is PLL like.... not accurate? Any thoughts on fixing this?

If the PLL was not working properly the uC would be crashing.

Either your driver code for the LCD is marginal or the LCD does not like the higher speed.

Look to see is some setup or hold time is too short in your code. Use a LA or the LA simulator in MPLAB.

3v0

im have been through debug and its not the lcd its the SD.... Like it gives me a some INVALID FILE errors when its fast... and the data seems to be perfect on uC side, meaning i checked the registers and it shows the correct filename inside but when asking SD for file it returns INVALID FILE and my code is setup to just cancel on error. So it will cancel the read and return to the menu

So i know its most likely the SD (SPI) part but am so fustrated to look hard enough right now

Have you tried slowing the serial down by setting the mode to Fosc/16 instead of Fosc/4?

Mike.

omg this is driving me nuts heh it has to be a breadboard issue. Sometimes it works 100% then 30 seconds later 0% wont even mount SD card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back