Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL Based Fm recieve circuit please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dineshbabumm

Hi..

I have constructed a DTMF based transmitter.. I need a Fm reciever at the decoding stage to recieve it and decode the signal..

I want the reciever to be very sesitive.. So i think PLL based FM reciever will be nice.. So if any one of u know the link or have the working circuit of PLL based Fm reciever, please post it here.. I need it urgently.. Please help me..

Thanks is advance...

@ Akg

Thanks for ur reply.. I am planning to build a good sesitive receiver as i am going to decode the DTMF signal.. Yes,i am using 8870 for decoding purpose.. Now to make the signal to be received properly, i want to construct a good Fm receiver.. Is cxa series serves good.. Sorry,i never used Ic for Fm receiving.. If it is effective,i will use this method.. Thanks for helping..

@ Russlk

Hi,

Thanks for replying.. I saw the notes.. Nice tutorial for PLL.. Can u please suggest one Pll which can work at frequency around 80MHz to 100 MHz?? Is there any PLL which works at such high frequency?? We read about 565,but its working range is only 500 KHz.. So it will be helpful if u can suggest a PLL at that frequency.. Once again thanks for replying..

dineshbabumm said:
Thanks for ur reply.. I am planning to build a good sesitive receiver as i am going to decode the DTMF signal.. Yes,i am using 8870 for decoding purpose.. Now to make the signal to be received properly, i want to construct a good Fm receiver.. Is cxa series serves good.. Sorry,i never used Ic for Fm receiving.. If it is effective,i will use this method.. Thanks for helping..
the CXA* is a dedicated FM Rx chip, with some few external components u can build an FM rx .

@ Akg

Oh,Thank you very much for the help..

I looked at the Data sheet of cxa1019 in alldatasheet.com.. But in that datasheet,It is written in chinese with only some english.. So difficult to understand it fully.. I couldn't find any other alternative datasheet in English for it.. So can you please suggest any other IC in that series,with datasheet in english, which is readily available in market..

I got another option of TDA7000 in another forum,but it seems it is not in production anymore.. So will be help ful if any suggestion on cxa series with data sheet in english..

dineshbabumm said:
I am planning to build a good sensitive receiver
The "radio in a single IC" things are made for cheap Walkmans and clock radios. Mine are overloaded by local stations in the city. They don't have much sensitivity when away from the city.
They are nothing like the quality of a good car radio or a home stereo.

Years ago I built good radios from kits. The radio kits today are just cheap toys.

Just trash pick an old FM radio, I'm sure you can find one that works at your local tip, if not I'm certain you could make a working one from several old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back