Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE, what's the name of this component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stesnitelnaja

Hello!Sorry for disturbing you guys, we are students...We are making the project, and we get this component which we are using, but we do not have any ideas what's the name of it, and nobody around us know it. And we cant even find it in internet to order them.Can you please help us with this.Thank you very much:)

Can you tell us whether it is a switch? If not, what is its function?

If there are only two wires, not three, then I suspect it is some type of spring loaded limit switch or spring loaded rotary switch. If you need just two words, I would call it a limit switch.

John

Welcome, Stesnitelnuja!

Do you know what did it come out of?

What are the other components were given to you.

Is there a schematic (circuit diagram) that you must follow?

What kind of test equipment do you have (if any)? For instance, do you have a Volt-Ohm-Meter (VOM) or a Digital Volt Meter (DVM), etc.? They could be used to confirm John's idea.

CBB

We are making the project,
OK, and what is the project supposed to do?

and we get this component which we are using,
Where did you get it from?
Did the teacher give it to you?
Did you find it?
Did it just appear as though it were beamed down from the Starship Enterprise?

but we do not have any ideas what's the name of it,
Do you know its function?

and nobody around us know it.
So why are you using it?
You have a device which you seem to know nothing about and you are using it as part of a "project" ???

Does anyone else here see a distinct lack of logic and joined-up thinking here?

JimB

lookz like a dc motor to me, out of a vcr or cd player, with some gears n such,,, it looks like there is a spring load so that it can only make a fraction of a turn in each direction,

or else as stated above is a switch,,

measure resistance, if 0 or infinity is switch, if there is resistance then is motor

my money is on motor thou

"my job is so secret, even I don't know what i'm doing..."

it's hard to see what's inside the plastic frame....

it could be a solenoid.... that would make sense.

Looks like a very basic servo / actuator - there appears to be a motor with the wires going into it and a spring loaded arm at the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back