Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please suggest a project [logic gates]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyzs

Hello
I am new here and I am only a student. So the problem is that we need to make a circuit project that focuses on Logic Gates. Can you guys suggest some projects or give a link that our group can make? Well, according to my professor, the standard is a not so hard but a not so simple circuit ... whether it's a game or some household device.

I tried google and it brought me here, so I just thought of asking you guys out here.

------

oh, and to those who wonder, I am only a first year college with a Programming course ...
and I'm also surprised we had a subject like this.

Last edited:
Nice easy circuit, make a simple combination lock - a row of toggle switches that you have to set the correct way to open the lock. Use logic gates to give an OPEN or NOT-OPEN indication.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Nice easy circuit, make a simple combination lock - a row of toggle switches that you have to set the correct way to open the lock. Use logic gates to give an OPEN or NOT-OPEN indication.

A very nice suggestion, but can I request you to elaborate it further?
I can visualize the switches being set to either open or not-open, but I'm having problem thinking of the lock ...

sammyzs said:
A very nice suggestion, but can I request you to elaborate it further?
I can visualize the switches being set to either open or not-open, but I'm having problem thinking of the lock ...

You don't need an actual mechanical lock, for the purposes of the project just a pair of LED's would do - one for OPEN and one for LOCKED (or even just a single LED).

vicky420 said:
hey SAMMY u hav DLDA ka project kya ..........coz i too hav a project usin GATES......
Summer school must be winding up... Looks like the remedial class is working hard.

sammy,
Don't give Vicky your work, she'll probably just hand it in as her own.

I totally did not understand what vicky was attempting to say...

It would be easy (super easy) to make a lock. I wont go into specifics, but you will need a 8input AND gate, 8 switches, and 1 LED. Simple!

Or you could build this circuit. Place the photo transistor near the "Go" light, attach the ENTER and DATA0-3 leads, turn the power on and let yourself in.

(Note, this is untested, but I think I've got all the timing details correct.)

Attachments

• code breaker.png
    code breaker.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 514
Thank you for all the replies and the link.
I have another question though, would it be hard if I actually include a mechanical lock instead of two LED. Since I already made it this far, maybe I should take it a level higher.

------
I really don't understand what vicky is trying to say.
I'm still a newbie in this field so please forgive my ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back