Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Someone Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxster03

hi there,

i am doing a project on home alarm system, the outside of the house would be controlled and monitored by a camera and a USB 2.0 mobile surveillance where as inside of the house i am thinking of putting infra-red sensor for the door break-ins, for window protection i am thinking of a PIR325(but i am not sure about the range, do you have any idea about that) and a smoke detector.

the question which i have is i don't want my smoke detector to make the alarm (buzzing) sound when it detects the smoke but i want it to send a signal to a micro-controller PIC16F877A so it can show a text on LCD, but how do i send a input signal to a PIC from the smoke detector, and secondly i want the user to control everything from one system but the outside of the house is controlled by PC based and the inside of the house would be controlled by PIC, how can i link them together so the user can control everything from one place

i know i can link a PIC and a PC through RS232 but how would i control the system.

Thank you so much for you time and help

Last edited:
If you like to control the system, you need to write a program. Already you have done hardware section and you need a software to run it.

Do you want to have the smoke alarm send a signal to the PIC wirelessly or can it be wired? How are you programming the PIC? Assembly? C? Basic? How big is the LCD you plan to use in the project? Will the LCD be used only to display information like "FIRE!" in the case the smoke alarm goes off or will it also display menus, options, etc for the user to control the system with.

Hi,

I use a Swann DVR with 4 camera inputs that work fine both inside and out - giving audiable movement alarms ; and can also generate an email alarm output etc.

Would have thought it might be easier to use motion detecting cameras, both software and hardware sensing types for your indoor areas etc - say just one placed in a key area like a hallway or stairs etc

Also rather than use a pic for smoke alarms etc, why not connect them to the parallel port by a simple input board and control everything on just the pc ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back