Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please reply:- Samsung LCD Monitor display lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor495

Forum Supporter
Okey, my brother has an LCD monitor which loads it's display only after ~10mins after power on. I am wondering what could be the problem. He keep on asking me what could be the problem as I'm an electronics nut:D My assumption is something problem like a capacitor failure in SMPS of monitor or the powersupply problem in the display panel itself. What you think?

Hi,

Yes electrolytic caps are known to go after a year or more in power suppies. The failures lead to strange operation sometimes rather than a complete and total shutdown. How old is the monitor?

Of course it could be other parts too. If you can see inside the case you might spot some caps that have leaked.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes electrolytic caps are known to go after a year or more in power suppies. The failures lead to strange operation sometimes rather than a complete and total shutdown. How old is the monitor?

Of course it could be other parts too. If you can see inside the case you might spot some caps that have leaked.

Hey, thanks much for the very quick reply. I really appreciate it.

This one is around 6 years old custom assembled PC but the point is that it is rarely used for last 3years or so after he buying a new lappy. This problem started for last one year or so..I'm just asking what can be the problem if anybody experienced the similar thing and I fear I can't find some time to look on to the internal parts. I advised him to take it to a technician though :)

Hi again,

Oh ok, well usually the least you have to do is open up the cover and inspect the guts. But yes someone here might have had the same problem and has a good idea what might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back