Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please remove my account information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
I no longer feel welcome here, and I just can't accept being told what to think or believe. Little tired of my thoughts being attacked, ridiculed, insulted, and then made out to be the bad guy in everything.

So, I don't take everything on faith, or at face value, try to look a little deeper. Opposing views don't bother, until the are beaten in. I'm just too stubborn, to just fall in line, whether I believe in something or not. I won't be forced into compliance.

When you become afraid to think for yourself, and share your thoughts, it's just time to leave, and move on. That time is now, for me any way.

My account, and screen name will no longer be used, and I'd appreciate that it be removed, no point in leave stuff lying around on the web.

Enjoy your version of freedom, guess it's as close as you will get.

Harvey

I no longer feel welcome here, and I just can't accept being told what to think or believe. Little tired of my thoughts being attacked, ridiculed, insulted, and then made out to be the bad guy in everything.

So, I don't take everything on faith, or at face value, try to look a little deeper. Opposing views don't bother, until the are beaten in. I'm just too stubborn, to just fall in line, whether I believe in something or not. I won't be forced into compliance.

When you become afraid to think for yourself, and share your thoughts, it's just time to leave, and move on. That time is now, for me any way.

My account, and screen name will no longer be used, and I'd appreciate that it be removed, no point in leave stuff lying around on the web.

Enjoy your version of freedom, guess it's as close as you will get.

Harvey

I will admit, I didn't want to see this thread.

But, I don't care who started it; I was glad to see the victims of 9/11 mainly the children who will know America did not forget. We will be embroiled in this conflict for a long time and the world will have to deal with these individuals who seek only Power and Control. They have little to loose and care nothing for human life. We should not be at each other over this or any other event. Speaking your mind is alway's welcome but, sometimes there is a time to be silent.

I am not so stubborn as to not see when that is, I know when to just "agree to dis-agree" (Nothing wrong with that) it's at that point everyone will have had their say on any matter. No longer a point to summarize it or open it up again. I would think that most of the fruit had already been picked within the first 2 or 3 pages.

I take no offense to you personally. One of us would have brought it up eventually, it just happened to be you.

No offense taken, none served.

kv

Sleep on it for one night at least Harvey.

No matter where you go, there will always be others with differing views.

I think the most difficult part of participating in debates online, is not being able to actually see the face of the other person(s).

Some choose to use emoticons to try and convey what we cannot see....others don't (probably the majority).

I'm sure that if we were all face to face, there'd be a bit less heat to some discussions and we'd agreee to disagree on certain aspects, but still respect one another.

To be frank, typed monologues only allow one-sided views and the opportunity for those to be picked apart afterwards, rather than subtle interruptions and debate as would be found in a normal conversation.

HTH.

Once you start talking politics, the rules change. Take a "commonality" in the "Letters to the Editor" section of the newspaper. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't force your opinion on others you should be able to say what you would like e.g. freedom of speech. Respect other's opinions and you'll be fine.

Some issues are tough to argue such as the "right to chose or Abortion issue". Other's a bit easier, "Slavary"

Issues are part of life. You have to learn to live with them. It's tough some time.

If your having trouble arguing a political issue, then you have learnt that politics isn't your thing. If your looking for a black and white answer in a political thread, you won't find it. I remember proving arguments in philosophy class:
We were given:
1) If the grass is green then God exists.
2) The grass is green
Therefore God exists is a VALID argument.

In that example we are not arguing the existance of God, but rather the validity of the argument.

When you step into that world know to expect just about anything. Never reply when your angry. There may be no right answer.

I am very sorry you feel unwelcome, Harvey. I suggest you sleep on it, as Mickster said. I think you can still be very beneficial to other members here, and I urge you to reconsider your decision.
I wish you all the best.
Der Strom

Oh Wow! Really?

So what went on to bring this about? :confused:

Sorry I missed a lot of something apparently now that I am back to a regular job. :(

Is their someone here you want me to kick around for a while? You know I really don't mind a good argument! :D

Oh Wow! Really?

So what went on to bring this about? :confused:

Sorry I missed a lot of something apparently now that I am back to a regular job. :(

Is their someone here you want me to kick around for a while? You know I really don't mind a good argument! :D

The Photo's thread.

Hi Harvery, Please give it another thought. You have been very helpful around the forum and i for my part atleast would like you to stay here and keep helping people. Hope you think over it again.

Last edited:
You seem to be missing the point of forums?, it's an historical record - we don't remove things.

Was referring to the public content, doubt it could be removed anyway. It's the account information, that I gave when I registered (full name, street address, phone number, Email address). There is really no reason to just leave such thing laying around the web. Might want to lock the account, it will no longer be active after this day.

I go and see what all I can remove myself, and hope for the best, in regards to the rest.

Members Lounge
Relax for a bit, unwind. In this off topic area you can chat about anything you like.

The masthead for this forum. Judging by this thread and the one that started it, it would be wise to add: But politics and religion! E

The Photo's thread.

Thats it?

And it got locked down over what exactly/who? :confused::rolleyes:

There is a simple trick to avoiding that troll issue. Use the ignore function and let the pain in the ass trolls know you are using it on them! ;)

As far as I know it pretty hard to argue or provoke a person who makes it clear that he has no cares, clue, or concerns as to what you are saying. :p

Be the way I have only used it on one and he is still on my ignore list and will likely stay there permanently! :D

The masthead for this forum. Judging by this thread and the one that started it, it would be wise to add: But politics and religion! E

Don't forget that the weather and certain peoples views of science cant be discussed either or else infractions and magically disappearing threads will happen. :rolleyes:

Was referring to the public content, doubt it could be removed anyway. It's the account information, that I gave when I registered (full name, street address, phone number, Email address). There is really no reason to just leave such thing laying around the web. Might want to lock the account, it will no longer be active after this day.

I go and see what all I can remove myself, and hope for the best, in regards to the rest.

OK, your access is now ended - if you want that to change then PM or email me.

However, it seems pretty stupid to start something non-related to these forums and then leave because of it?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back