Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please please please help me to do my final project(ROBOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard viurs

first i am in Electrical and Power system Engineering in the final year and my final project took about robot which can controlled with it by PC using PLC. this robot is same with manual robot in ROBOCON 2007 in the purpose . i want to do robot like that but small (not small exactly it is medium) . i wiil bring old or new car toy (you know what i mean) so that i can take the body of it .
NOTE: my informations about robot is very little and i read some different topics about this and i found diffucltly .
my questions are :
1- how can i control with wheels of robot using (stepper motor or dc motor)?
2- how many of motors can i bring to control with the wheels to move it forward and back?
3- how are the connections of the motors?
4- how i make robot turn on right and turn on left?
5- what are the PLC programmes to do that(move robot forward and back and turn on right and turn on left)?
6- what are the prices of the motors and how many of it ?
please please helllllp me i know a little about robots
if you watch the video of the compettion of ROBOCON 2007 please tell me how can i make these arms of robot and what the kind of material i will use to make these arms (alomental or what....) ?

please please helllp me with details details details i know a little about robot

DOn't use meaningless subject names. Google for h-bridges, and google for motor prices. Apply what you learned in school and you will be fine. Think.

execuse me, what can i use H-Bridge L293D or L298 ?
i will use two dc motors to control of the front wheel . you know the speed of DC motors is very high it may be reach to 10,000 RPM so i can't to connect the DC motors to the shaft of the front wheel directly . what can i do ?

hard viurs said:
execuse me, what can i use H-Bridge L293D or L298 ?
i will use two dc motors to control of the front wheel . you know the speed of DC motors is very high it may be reach to 10,000 RPM so i can't to connect the DC motors to the shaft of the front wheel directly . what can i do ?

Fairly obviously you use gearing to reduce the speed - a common choice is to use modified radio control servos, these have both the gearing and the H-bridge internally!.

Please don't tripple post. Use the edit button.

The PLC programming language normally depends on the PLC. Ladder diagrams are probably the easiest way to program a PLC. I've done it at college and it's quite easy.

Mr hard virus.. all your problems would be solved here... go to
https://www.groups.yahoo.com/groups/booksbybibin
join this group and find a tutorial on robotics in the files posted in the group...
im sure that would answer all your questions..
All the questions that you have asked above would only be answered in practice and not by advice..
good luck

Last edited:
hi hard virus..hows ur project doing..its has been done or what??do you have any problem?i'm also going to built the same robot as you are doing!! so how you are doing....

wow, teaching isn't pretty is it???

go find the following book: Building Robot Drive Trains by Clark and Owen This is about the best treatment out there for how to make a robot go. motors, controllers, wheels, couplers, encoders and more.

good luck. I'm pretty sure you will need it.

Oh, yeah. get familiar with google. its all out there and will probably take you less time than playing "20-questions"

hard_viurs :

Just to answer your simple question up there:
To connect a DC motor to a wheel / gear, use a hub type fixing:
That is have an inner diameter of your motor shaft - say 2-3mm, and then have drilled holes through the outer casing, and use grub screws/bolts on either side to hold the motor shaft to the hub, then you can screw / bolt your wheels to the hub / push fit the wheel over the hub.

To buy parts that i have described pre-built/fabricated for you, head on over to:
www.technobots.net

Can I also point out that building a robot will take time and patience and is a learning curve within itself, YOU will be the one to make it and work out your own problems, if you rely on other people to give you all the answers you will never learn anything.

Get stuck in.

have u ever used DC motors? u don't have to pump them at full speed... just use PWM to control the speed. you can turn left or right just by varying the speeds on the motors... if the left moves slower than the right, it will turn left and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back