Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please measure inductance of any 6-12v reed relay coil for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

epod

I need an approximate ball park inductance value of any 6 or 12 volt reed relay coil, one that is designed for the glass bulb and contacts

not the little black plastic DIL type

I know that here are many variables to this value, make, wire size etc etc

but if you have an inductance meter and a reed relay in your junk box could you please tell me what you read.

also if you could tell me what voltage your coil is for, and maybe the resistance
this information would be appreciated
thanks

this style of relay coil I am interested in being measured here
**broken link removed**

NOT this type
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The realy you showed looks like a PCB mount. I thought you wanted a non PCB type. Second, why do you care about the inductance? The relay uses DC voltage.

hi
gee that was quick I just posted a link to the little DIL type that I dont want checked
yes the one thats in the link could be put on a pcb, but thats the style of coil that I am interested in

why i need the inductance value is I need a pick up coil for a project , I need something greater then 1MH, but I would prefer something larger.
I can wind one but if a reed relay coil inductance value is bigger
I will give it a try.
The actual value of the coil does not realy matter, its only function is a magnetic pickup
and a reed relay coil would be nice and usefull given its size vs inductance
in a small package.
Most 1MH chokes have very little wire in them, and the inductance is boosted by a chunk of ferrite.
I need lots of wire and I think a RR coil should be ok, I dont have an inductance meter.

Last edited:
I have one that looks like the little green one (but it is blue :) )DCR = 1050Ω, Inductance = 267mH as measured on a **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back