• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Id and help with these PSU componets


New Member
These were taken out of a Dell Desktop power supply, obliviously couple of them are fried. What are they all called and how do I go about testing them. The black square one test like a diode on the 2 legs but not on the other. The other blue pieces I have no clue at all. Thanks ahead of time.



New Member
Forum Supporter
The blue pieces, etc are MOVs. What value I can't say, but we could guess if we knew your line voltage where you live.
The black square one is probably a power FET, but it's hard to say for certain as I can't see the entire part number on it.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles